TrainingZone Readers: Welcome to Learning Is The New Working – the podcast about the future of Workplace Learning and the people helping us get there.
Below, you can find an episode mentioned in our latest TrainingZone article, and please search for Learning Is The New Working and Subscribe to us on your favorite podcast platform for your new bi-weekly update of the fast moving ‘future of workplace learning’ conversation. Click below to subscribe.
Listen, to learn, from well-known author and commentator on Workplace Learning issues Lisa Kay Solomon on:
- How a part of The Philly Diaspora ended up in Menlo Park
- Why you can be scared or fascinated by the future – but you can’t ignore it
- What ‘Outside-In Thinking’ about change would look like – and how it could help your organisation
- Why CEOs need to drop the PowerPoint and start a meeting with a bit of Bold Wonderment… but not in a Kumbaya Way
- What a journey from Transactional to Mission Learning is all about
- Why our minds are coded to remember, not empathise – and how you can exploit that
- and finally
- The interesting – and surprising – self-test to find out if you’re a Designer, too.
Resources to help us all learn together: Lisa recommends we look at her main website www.lisakaysolomon.com, but also ‘Just Google me’ – as she has a wealth of content and interviews out there to research. Her books are available from Amazon here:
- Moments of Impact: How to Design Strategic Conversations That Accelerate Change
- Design a Better Business: New Tools, Skills, and Mindset for Strategy and Innovation
Find out more about the d.school – more formally, The Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford University – here, and find out how to take a class or join one of its regular executive workshops here
Share this episode with your networkTweet