We dialog with young edtech entrepreneur Danish Dhamani, whose Philly-based company, Orai (‘Oral’ + ‘AI’), offers a speech coach on your cell. Dhamani, a graduate in Mechanical Engineering from Drexel University, tells us about how he built a business out of his own fear of public speaking including, what it’s like to have done a TED talk that’s had over a million views, the benefits of tech incubators, and other topics that include:
- his personal journey from Pakistan to Philadelphia via Tanzania – from Mechanical Engineer to speech coach
- why speaking well in public is very far from being a ‘soft’ skill
- why developers sit in different kinds of office spaces now
- how saying ‘um’ can lose you a life (as it were!)
- more on that biggie, the problem of bias in AI
- and the precise percentage of smile-degree you need to optimize for.
Danish has got a lot of value out of his exposure to the values of this organization:
And finally, get the full transcript of his famous TED talk here.
Share this episode with your networkTweet